Change of name for Microsoft 365 Business SKUs (Stock-Keeping Unit), introduction of a Business Voice SKU for integration into teams & more
The amendments will enter into force on 21 April
Microsoft 365 Business SKU Renaming
The Service SKUs are renamed as follows:
- Office 365 Business Essentials will be renamed to Microsoft 365 Business Basic
- Office 365 Business Premium is renamed to Microsoft 365 Business Standard
- Microsoft 365 Business is renamed to Microsoft 365 Business Premium
The client-only SKUs will be renamed to "Microsoft 365 Apps":
- Office 365 Business will be renamed to Microsoft 365 Apps for business
- Office 365 ProPlus is renamed Microsoft 365 Apps for enterprise
The Consumer SKUs are renamed as follows:
- Office 365 Personal will be renamed to Microsoft 365 Personal
- Office 365 Home is renamed to Microsoft 365 Family
The following link provides answers to frequently asked questions: https://aka.ms/renaming-business-skus
Microsoft 365 Business Voice
On April 1, the Microsoft 365 Business Voice SKU was launched worldwide. With this, SMB companies can now integrate their telephone systems into teams and thus, for example, also dial in to calls by telephone. This opens up many more possibilities, such as the possibility to invite external persons without teams and without internet connection into a conference.
Currently Business Voice is available without an integrated Microsoft Calling Plan. This means that the telephone plan must be provided by another provider/service provider.
- The SKU is available since April 1st
- Microsoft 365 Business Voice can be added to the following licenses with up to 300 users Office 365 Business Essentials, Business Premium, A1, E1, A3, E3; and Microsoft 365 Business, A3, E3
- The SKU will only be available via CSP
You will find the answers to frequently asked questions under the following link: https://aka.ms/business-voice
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Please contact us!